Home Maintenance Made Easy
A home is the largest investment that most people will made in their lives. Make sure that it stays in tip-top shape by staying on top of its maintenance with our tips.
Home Maintenance Spring Check List
- Clear gutters of debris.
- Inspect your roof and chimney.
- Wash your windows, and check the window screens.
- Thoroughly clean your home, and clear any clutter.
- Paint your home's exterior.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Change the batteries in them, if necessary.
Home Maintenance Fall Check List
- Clear gutters of debris before the weather changes.
- Inspect your roof.
- Have your chimney cleaned and inspected, if you didn't do it in the Spring.
- Check for leaks and drafts, and repair them.
- Get your furnace inspected and repaired.
- Install storm windows.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Change the batteries in them, in necessary.
Home Maintenance Winter Check List
- Cover your central air conditioning unit, or remove your window air conditioners.
- Change/clean furnace filters.
- Clean your kitchen appliance.
- Close crawl space vents.